What's this about?
The Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Bush Fire Risk Management Plan (BFRMP) has recently been reviewed and the Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Bush Fire Management Committee (BFMC) invites you to view the draft BFRMP and make comments by Friday 30 June 2023.
A Bush Fire Risk Management Plan (BFRMP) is a comprehensive document that maps and describes the level of bush fire risk across an area and sets out treatment strategies to minimise and mitigate the risk to the community.
A BFRMP identifies bush fire issues, identifies assets at risk, assesses the level of risk, and establishes treatment strategies to minimise the risk and who is responsible for carrying out the treatments identified. These treatment strategies may directly affect you and your property.
A BFRMP is an important document which aims to protect the community and assets. The Hornsby Ku-ring-gai BFMC encourages everyone to take the opportunity to review the draft BFRMP and ensure any concerns are addressed.
Your comments are invited on the draft Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Bush Fire Risk Management Plan. You can view the plan online on the NSW Rural Fire Service website or at the following locations:
- Hornsby Shire Council, 296 Peats Ferry Road, Hornsby
- Hornsby Library, 28-44 George Street, Hornsby
- Berowra Library Community Centre, The Gully Road, Berowra
- Galston Library, 357 Galston Road, Galston
- Pennant Hills Library, Corner Ramsay and Yarrara Roads, Pennant Hills
- Ku-ring-gai Council , 818 Pacific Highway, Gordon NSW 2072
- NSW RFS – Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Fire Control Centre, 1049 Pacific Highway, Cowan 2081
Have your say
There are three ways to submit your feedback to the Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Bush
Fire Management Committee (BFMC).
- Online: complete a short survey by clicking here
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing to: NSW RFS
PO Box 472, Hornsby 2077
Submissions are welcomed from Monday 15 May to Friday 30 June 2023 at 5pm.